Poem: responsible in the eyes of . . .

 by Megan Ampim





they find comfort in the winter while we bleed through

rhinestone shavings

it glances down, blazes on us and you’re crying

sweet cries

you never cry.


i am responsible for

clawing my way to you.

scratching you

hurting your pride 

i was supposed to

guard you with my life.


we discuss my obsession over

the tea you pour me with resentment

i said i didn’t like your business approach 

so you left me with the bill.

in the dust.

there are cobwebs knitting my body together

and your neglect comes to visit me 

occasionally in a white room.

something i cherish from you.


i am responsible for

not thinking enough.

not protecting you enough

for loving you too much

now you only foam at the mouth with 

your stupid rolled back eyes  

i thought were mine


this is the day of the antithesis

spring dies, fall grows

the chasm is filled and you love me.

i am significant. responsible for your pure annihilation

you’ve been waiting ages and i’m reluctant to

reach too far. 



Comments