Poem: 'Clearing'

 by Arnon Mano





As I trek through the living jungle,

Maneuvering through the creeping vines,

Through a gap of vermillion canopy, 

A piercing beam of sunlight shines.


The entire clearing is illuminated,

In a brilliant blaze of golden light.

Vibrant flowers bathed in a blinding aura, Oh what a wondrous, stunning sight! 


But the beauty of this spectacle

Is only truly enhanced

By the pristine depths of the adjacent river, 

Churning in a rapid dance.


Against the river's deafening roar, 

Less audible sounds are scarcely heard;

The solemn chirping of a lonesome cricket, 

The sweet sing-song of a migrating bird.


As I recall all I'd just taken in,

A gentle breeze, the river's churn, 

The dappled light, the sentry trees, 

I'm certain that I will return.


                                     

Comments