Trying to find the Positives

by Phoebe Clark


Image by John Sadden
In this time, some people are really struggling with being alone and without a routine, however, others thrive in this laid-back and slow-paced time. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I have decided to make the best of it by working on my mental and physical well being, which helps me to stay productive and calm. 

For my mental health, I stay optimistic and look at what I can do to make myself happy, such as daily yoga and meditation practice, sending daily positive videos to my friends and reading out in the sun. Unlike many people, I’m not hugely struggling because I know that if things were normal, I would be revising 6 hours a day - stressed out of my mind - as I’m in Year 11. I’m enjoying taking a step back and not rushing around for once. I think spreading love and happiness is beneficial for myself as well as my friends because it makes us feel united and helps us to keep our head above the water of negativity. 


I am also taking advantage of this opportunity by running regularly, doing yoga, working out and becoming stronger, fitter and healthier. These things not only help me stay fit, but they are also helping to make me feel more content. Again, I think everyone should try to use this unique situation to find something they love and use the time to enjoy it. It is not easy, but try to remember that this is not forever, and it will be over. 

I don’t want people to look back and regret something they didn’t do when they had the time to, so I think everyone should fully utilise the opportunity to try something new that makes them happy, and spread joy instead of negativity. 



Comments