Poem: Someone to Be Sad With

by Samantha Todd





“I’ll hold your hand
I won’t say it’s okay
I know it really isn’t...
We’ll always be
Collectively united
Under this umbrella
The downpour masking
Everything you don’t want to see”

Don’t give me hope,
It’s not that fun
Feeling numb
But it’s okay
When you’ve felt this way
As day turns to night 
That’s when the thoughts tend to bite

But it was okay
I really felt that way
Comfortable
Sharing my mind with you
It was nice
Understanding 
Accepting
Never judging
Warming my cold fingertips
As you silently held my hand
And smiled
Waiting for me to catch up

So,

I said it
Loud and clear
You heard me
Smiled at me
Hugged me and
Judged me
Gently giving up

I’m soaked
Drenched inside out
That umbrella
What I called home 
You let it go
You dropped our world
Washing our sins in a puddle

No.
It’s my fault
I broke us
Even when
My sins 
They washed your filthy hands
Clean

Comments