Teachers' Perfect Christmas: Dr Richmond

Dr Richmond

What is your favourite Christmas song/carol and why? 
'Mary's Boy Child' by Boney M: The line "Mary's boy child Jesus Christ, was born on Christmas Day/And man will live for evermore, because of Christmas Day" still make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.



What is your favourite Christmas film and why?
'The Wizard of Oz'. I just love it. I think Judy Garland is just terrific in it.

What is your favourite Christmas book or poem and why? 
I love 'The Polar Express'

What is your favourite Christmas food/drink?
 Goose or duck which are traditional in German households. Turkey is so dry and tasteless! You should swallow it down with lovely Gluhwein, or Mulled Wine in English.

What was the best Christmas gift you ever received?
The last Christmas present my father gave me before he died in 2005 - the deposit to help me buy my first home as I had been renting for 6 years

What do you most look forward to about Christmas?
As a committed Christian it is, for me, a real celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. I know this sounds so uncool these days, but I don't care!

Comments