We welcome comments from our readers. This is a guide to how to post a comment on the Portsmouth Point blog.
1. Scroll down to the bottom of the article you wish to comment on. You will see the heading Post a Comment, below which is a text box.
2. Type your comment in the text box.
3. Below the text box you will see the heading Comment as: Click on the downward-pointing arrow.
4. This will reveal a pull-down menu offering you a range of options:
(a) If you have one of the following accounts, simply click on the one relevant to you:
You will then be asked to type in your user name.
(b) If you do not have one of the accounts listed above, click on Name/URL.
You will then be asked to type in your name as you wish it to appear on the How to Comment page. You have the option to type in a URL address as well (however, this is not required).
5. Click on Continue. This will return you to the Post a Comment screen.
6. Make sure you are happy with your comment and then click on Publish.
(There is also a Preview option if you want to see how your comment will look when published).
7. Your comment will then be moderated. Once cleared by the site moderator, your comment will appear on the main site.