Poem: 'wish upon a shooting star'

 by Alexandra Dempster






wish upon a shooting star;

wish upon the tide gone far.

watch the waves of deep, deep blue,

watch the fallen leaves, crisp and new...


darkness crashes down on me,

suffocating my dearest dreams,

exhausted and nearly,

nearly asleep.

i sit on the balcony,

no eyes on me,

not a sound to be heard,

not a child to be seen.

moon sits brightly on top,

framing me, a spotlight,

to my messed up hair,

and frozen figure.

my blurry eyes forced to close,

as exhaustion overdosed.

my heart beats as my thoughts race,

when you wake up, it will all be gone.


a red glow from my alarm:

12am... 2am... 4...

my mind is always complicated;

a maze of memories,

thoughts wander through my mind.

a labyrinth of pictures,

the Minotaur infects my brain.


the clock strikes the break of dawn,

tomorrow night, there is no other way,

in the end,

Autumn Insomnia

hits.


Comments