Getting to Know . . . Mr Hemmings

 by Nathaniel Gingell




  1. How long have you worked at PGS?

7 years -  time flies!

  1. Why did you decide to work at PGS?

I used to work in south London, and I wanted to work somewhere less busy. I also enjoy swimming and wanted to live by the sea. My friend had previously worked here so I knew the school had a great reputation.

  1. What do you like most about your job?

There is lots of music and lots of people interested in various kinds of music. Portsmouth is creative and inspiring. 

  1. What do you like least about your job? (more info)

 There is so much going on which can be great but can also be frustrating when there is more than one thing I want to do at the same time, but there are clashes with lots of things.

  1. What is your most proud moment and why?

I was really proud to be involved in a big concert in the Quad with London players - I loved working on a big stage after Lockdown. 

  1. What is your most embarrassing moment?

In September I was a bit nervous coming back to work with a beard. It can sometimes be tricky being a parent teacher of students. 

  1. What is your favourite book or film and why?

My favourite book is ‘On the Road’ by Jack Kerouac  - I liked the style of writing, and the subject of Jazz and travelling in America.

My favourite film is the first Star Wars - the visual images and soundtrack brings back great memories.


  1. If you could tell your 20 year old self something, what would it be?

Seize the moment - don't pass by any opportunity, and say yes to everything.


Comments