Getting to Know . . . Miss Davies, PGS Communications Officer (Digital and Visual Media)

 by Nathaniel Gingell




  1. How long have you worked at PGS?

I have worked at PGS for almost 1 year (I started in January 2022).

  1. Why did you decide to work at PGS?

I decided to work at PGS purely because a perfect role came up on my radar however, I have always known PGS through its fantastic representation in offering a great platform for pupils to achieve academic success. I also truly believe in the core values of PGS and enjoy presenting these values in practice through imagery and film.

  1. What do you like most about your job?

I love the photography side of my job the most. It really is extraordinary being able to see the school up close in all its areas (from the Pre-School all the way to Sixth Form) and I am lucky to have such a great role at this school. I love being able to see the myriad of amazing opportunities our pupils have here at PGS – it really is uniquely special here and so capturing these moments for parents, extended families and the PGS community to see is wonderful.

  1. What do you like least about your job? 

In terms of what I like least about my job… I would say it is going out in the rain and wind (especially when capturing beach cleans!).

  1. What is your most proud moment and why?

My most proud moment was seeing my photos in the news for the first time!

  1. What is your most embarrassing moment?

My most embarrassing moment would have to be falling over in the Hilsea Playing Fields with my tripod and camera (the tripod and camera both survived… but alas… my foot didn’t).

  1. What is your favourite book or film and why?

My favourite book is a heart-breaking one called When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. My favourite movie is Spirited Away.

  1. If you could tell your 20 year old self something, what would it be?

I would tell my 20 year old self to not be so afraid of taking risks. I have always loved photography, but at that age, I thought there would be no way of ever being able to do it for my career. Life is precious and too short to not believe in yourself and do what you love.

 


Comments