Poem: 'Liberation'

 by Oscar Mellers





Born, son of Poseidon, demigod of man and the sea,

Drawn deeper am I, beyond boundaries restraining the humanity in me.

I may be bound under chains of high society (son of an aristocrat who fell for a deity),

But a strengthening fury builds from the crown to the toes,

Leaving me, my own beautiful saviour, of which I have no regard, to run!

Run from the emptiness which frequents me day

By day, rejecting apathy and accepting fury and

Liberation! To my home I venture, to new depths, whilst simultaneously in the

Shallows. I find myself leaving what was laid out for

Me, instead creating a watery waltz and a rhythmic tapping on the sand beneath

My feet! Around and around I turn, scooped up

By the arms of my loving father, his beautiful domain splashing up against my

Ankles. And it is in that moment, I mount the stallions of the sea; I ride out to  Deeper waters, rejuvenating jubilation and the arms of my father comforting me.


Comments