A Christmas Carol: Rehearsal

 by Nathaniel Gingell




On Sunday I was lucky enough to be invited to go along to the all-day rehearsal for the upcoming senior school play ‘A Christmas Carol’. The play is based on the novel by Charles Dickens and tells the story of Ebeneezer Scrooge - a mean, grumpy and unkind man who despises Christmas and who loathes spending his money! He is visited by the ghost of his old work colleague, Jacob Marley and also the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future…I will say no more as I don’t want to spoil the surprise! 

What I will tell you is how hard the cast are working, ably supported by the backstage crew and front of house. The play is both funny and sad, dramatic and happy - you might even think it is relevant to today’s economic climate! I grabbed the chance to speak to a few of the actors and the director, who all told me how much they were enjoying themselves and looking forward to performing for you at the New Theatre Royal from 24 November to 26 November. So spread a bit of pre-Christmas cheer and go along to support the cast and crew of ‘A Christmas Carol’ - it’s going to be great!


Comments