Poem: 'A Love Letter'

by  Saffron Irons





To fall in love, it seems, is easy 

But with you it was so hard,

I was lonely as you wept 

Your heart was shattered into shards,


That I picked up and pieced together 

Like a puzzle from the dead,

As I slowly watched you rise 

From the comfort of your bed.


We used to watch the sunset 

Sky lit up in golden hues,

That was before you realised 

I was someone you could choose.


We did everything together 

But still you could not see,

The love that I could give you 

All the things that I could be.


The feelings that you had 

So confusing to explain,

With me you did not have to

For I felt all of your pain.


When I wrapped my arms around you,

You softened at my touch,

And because I knew you well 

We never had to say too much.


And now I hope you feel it 

When you study your complexion,

But can you call it love?

Falling for your own reflection.


Comments