Poem: 'Her and Him'

 by Sophie Escott




i saw her,

stood in the middle of the hallway. 

my view obstructed,

by a sea of meaningless heads. 

i stand on my toes,

to get a glimpse of her simple perfection.

she walks past, 

i look at her,

praying we lock eye contact for just a second,

but we don’t. 

we never do. 

she probably doesn’t know i exist, 

and in spite of our lack of contact,

by just watching her walk down the school corridor,

i knew she was perfect for me. 

 

i saw him, 

leaning against his locker,

surrounded by a sea of girls,

much prettier and more likely to date him than i am,

i build up the courage to walk past,

eyes fixed on my feet,

keeping my overwhelming adoration lowkey. 

once i passed him,

i stood, analysing his pure beauty. 

every feature of his was flawless.

he seemed funny, too.

however, my chances are slim

he probably doesn’t know i exist ,

but despite our lack of contact,

by just watching him stand in the school corridor,

 i knew he was perfect for me. 

 


Comments