National Writing Day: #24/7 Challenge 2


by Emma Burns

Pupils in Year 7 took part in National Writing Day this week. They were tasked with writing a story in 24 words starting with the words ‘One day ….’

(image by Timothee Duran)

One day Sally was by the river. She was distracted by some birds. She looked back to the river. But it had no water. 
Max B

One day, we will wake up and smile,
Marveling at all the wonders of the Earth,
Instead of wishing its life away.
One day… 
Harry D

One day, a portal to hell opens. A demon strides out and drags you through saying, “you’re going to help me settle a bet.” 
Elspeth E

One day Barry woke up far away.  It was very cold; little did he know, he was on Mars. It was an alien abduction! 
Charlie H


One day. He was dreaming of being a runner. Training with G.B., with Mo Farah and Neil Gourly. He said to himself, “one day…” 
George J

One day, the sky was blotted out by the cloud of evil giant geese and the air was filled with cackles, until one person took a stand… 
Huw K

One day, I sat on my chair,
I looked the sky and I began to stare
I thought,
Is there life out there? 
David N

Comments