What Christmas Means to Me

by Eva Burkinshaw

 

Christmas, for me, is all about family and spending time together. We don't open anything or eat anything until everyone is there. 

Our Christmas goes like this. First, on Christmas Eve night we open our Christmas pyjamas and my brother goes around, pretending to be father Christmas and will give "borrowed." chocolates to everyone. At my Grandpa's house, my uncle puts chocolates and early Christmas presents in small stockings.  

After, this we go home and put the milk, carrots, mince pies and a small glass of whisky next to the fireplace. Then we go to bed.

On Christmas morning we have to wait patiently for 7:30am (my brother usually wakes up at 6:00am). Once it has reached 7:30, then we wake Mum and Dad up and go downstairs to open our stockings. After this we have breakfast and play with our toys.  

Next, my Grandpa and Uncle Sean arrive and we all have a Christmas brunch (we don't have a lunch on Christmas Day as we have such a big dinner). After this I play piano and we all go into the present room. I read The Night Before Christmas. Next we open presents. Everyone gets excited by this.While my Mum gets dinner ready we all play or talk.

Later we have the scrumptious meal and we say goodbye to everyone. Then we go to bed.

I love Christmas and I hope you do too. Merry Christmas.














Comments