Quick and simple Easter cupcake recipe!
· 110g unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 225g caster sugar, preferably golden
· 2 large eggs150g self-raising flour
· 125g plain flour
· 120ml semi-skimmed milk
· 1tsp vanilla extract
· 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 60ml semi-skimmed milk
· 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
· 500g icing sugar, sifted
· Mini eggs
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is pale and smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing briefly after each egg is added.
3. Add the vanilla extract to the milk in a separate bowl as well as combining the two flours in a separate bowl.
4. Add one-third of the flours to the combined butter and sugar mixture and beat well.
5. Pour in one-third of the milk and beat again. Repeat these steps until all the flour and milk has been added.
6. Carefully spoon the mixture evenly into the cupcakes cases.
7. Bake in the center of the oven for approximately 25 minutes until slightly raised and golden brown.
8. Place carefully on a wire rack to cool. When completely cool, you can ice these cupcakes with the vanilla buttercream icing.
For the vanilla icing:
1. Beat the butter, milk, vanilla extract and half the icing sugar until smooth. Gradually add the remainder of the icing sugar to produce a buttercream of a creamy and smooth consistency.
2. Pipe or simply spread onto the cooled cupcakes and decorate with mini eggs on top!