Teachers' Perfect Christmas: Mrs Cross and Mrs Williams

Mrs Cross

What is your favourite Christmas song/carol and why?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman

What is your favourite Christmas film and why?
It’s a Wonderful Life – Christmas does not truly begin until I have watched it.



What is your favourite Christmas book or poem and why?
King John’s Christmas by A.A. Milne

What is your favourite Christmas food/drink?
Port and Mince pies

What was the best Christmas gift you ever received?
Merlin who came on New Year’s Eve

What do you most look forward to about Christmas?
The excitement of Christmas Eve


Mrs Williams

What is your favourite Christmas song/carol and why? 
'Oh, Come all ye Faithful' – I can still remember singing it at my Junior School carol services.



What is your favourite Christmas film and why? 
'The Snowman' – it reminds me of when my children were toddlers and used to watch it in wide-eyed silence.

What is your favourite Christmas book or poem and why? 
'Be Nice to Your Turkeys at Christmas' by Benjamin Zephaniah, especially the version put the music and sung by PGS.


What is your favourite Christmas food/drink? 
Mince pies.  I love the first one of the season - but I’m usually sick of them by New Year’s day

What was the best Christmas gift you ever received? 
Whatever my daughter gives me.  She always seems to know exactly what I want, even if I don’t know myself – so it’s always a surprise, but it’s exactly what I want!!

What do you most look forward to about Christmas? 
Christmas Eve, when all the jobs are done and you can sit down with a glass of something nice(!) and look forward to the next day.



Comments