1. 'Backdoor Santa' by Clarence Carter - because everybody needs a Blues Christmas from time to time.
2. 'Santa Claus is Back in Town' by Elvis Presley - because how can you not love this song? A Leiber and Stoller classic.
3. 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)' by Darlene Love - because everybody should have Phil Spector’s Christmas Album on full blast with this glorious girl belting her heart out to this song as they are wrapping the pressies!
4. 'Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis' by Tom Waits - because not everybody's Christmas narratives involve happy endings.
5. 'What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?' by The Orioles - because this shimmers with love and longing . . . and some beautiful do wop harmonies.